Name: Gilbert Beilschmidt
Physical Age: 27
Actual Age: approx. 823
Birthday: January 18
Height: 5’9” (177cm)
Eyes: Light red with hints of pink
Miscellaneous Headcanons - Gil’s Favorite Foods - Gil’s Zodiac - Wardrobe
- Gilbert enjoys and needs a certain amount of alone time but hates feeling lonely. He yearns for social interaction and time with his loved ones, and it bothers him a great deal when these wishes can’t be fulfilled. However despite his desire to socialize, he doesn’t exactly go out of his way to do it unless he’s sure he won’t be bothering the person(s). And while he enjoys going out, he’s quite the homebody and spends most of his free alone time in the comfort of his home.
- You won’t be hearing him claim how “awesome” he is, not only because the word has lost its meaning to the point of irritating him when someone calls him such a thing, but because he’s learned to keep his rather high opinion of himself, to himself. In general he’s not extremely cocky or arrogant and can be very modest at times, but he does believe he’s better than some people and views his opinions and abilities higher than those of certain individuals, but won’t go out of his way to make that known unless he feels he has to. So while he may be a bit quiet when it comes to talking about himself and while he does have his insecurities and doubts, he still has extreme pride in who he is, what he’s done and what he can do. And if someone dares to insult him, to try to tear him down or make him feel like he’s less than them, that raging confidence and pride won’t hesitate to jump out and bite back. So basically he has an incredible ego, but knows how to control it.
- His greatest fear is losing those he holds dear, including family, close friends, his significant other, and other loved ones. “Losing” them can mean losing them to death or disappearance, or losing the relationship he has with them. He also has a fear of dying (permanently), however it’s not anything he actively worries about; he knows he’s in no danger of such a thing.
- He lives with Ludwig in Berlin. While for a short time he did sleep in the basement (only sleep, not live in), he got his own room in the house fairly quickly and really, it’s become his house just as much as it is Ludwig’s. Gil doesn’t keep himself locked up in his room nor does he laze around the house and make his brother do all the work. He cooks, cleans, takes care of the pets, and does his fair share of work. Of course now that Ludwig is gone, he’s in full charge of the house and takes care of everything, but even when he was still around, Gil was never very lazy— Unless he could get away with it, of course.
- His home has become a bit of a zoo. Though the large size of the house gives them their space, Gil has quite a few pets. By himself he has the little yellow bird known as Gilbird, along with a white rabbit named Ejder. Along with them are Ludwig’s three dogs: Blackie, a Dachshund; Berlitz, a German Shepherd; and Aster, a Hovawart.
- He’s not always the greatest at talking to women since he grew up around mostly men. The same goes for younger girls; he’s usually good with kids but for some reason becomes a bit clueless and awkward if the child is female.
- He has a not-so-secret love for cute things, which can include small animals and plushies and he may or may not have a stash of stuffed animals in his room. He’s also fond of soft things like pillows and blankets, and keeps and abundance of them on his bed. He likes being as comfortable as possible.
- Due to being a dissolved nation, Gilbert’s immune system has been gradually getting worse. It’s not a huge problem but he does catch things like the common cold easier than other nations do. His injuries also take a bit longer to heal than others’.
- His skin is very sensitive: it bruises easily, it cuts easily, and burns easily. And because of his skin’s higher sensitivity to the sun he isn’t exactly able to tan, which is why he’s always so pale.
- Though he’d never want a kid of his own, Gilbert is fond of children. As long as they’re decently behaved and not incredibly bratty or clingy, he thinks they’re adorable and enjoys being around them.
- Despite popular belief it doesn’t take much to get Gilbert drunk, and when he does he typically becomes rather silly and a bit more affectionate than usual. His happiness and/or sadness tends to show itself in a more innocent way when he’s been drinking, so if he’s been leaning on either emotion, you’ll know.
- Gilbert tends to develop very strong opinions of people, and of things in general. Once he forms an opinion about you, it’ll be very, very hard to change his mind, so first impressions count. When it comes to other things he thinks strongly about, his beliefs and morals, etc, he can and will get into heated arguments with people about them.
- Gil isn’t overly fond of heavy affection unless it’s coming from his lover (if/when he has one.) He is a rather physical person if he’s comfortable with you, but otherwise he’d prefer if people didn’t touch him.
- Gil really hates being told what to do. Not that he won’t ever do something if someone asks him to, but he doesn’t like feeling like he’s being ordered around. If he really doesn’t want to do something, he’s not going to do it. He’s more likely to do things if allowed to do them at his own pace and his own way, versus being told when and how to do something.
- He doesn’t like being called weak and/or inferior to someone else, especially if the reason is because “he’s not a nation anymore.” He might not be as physically strong as his brother, but he does have plenty of muscle and hates being called weak in terms of both physical and emotional strength, as that’s the only real form of “power” he has left.
Prussia and Marriage
Simply put, Gilbert is mildly gamophobic. The idea of getting married, having a wedding, and nearly everything else related to marriage terrifies him. It’s bad enough that he has difficulty even going to other people’s weddings. He has no problem talking to others about their own marriages or engagements but gets both nervous and embarrassed whenever someone asks him about it.